WE ARE NO LONGER ACCEPTING TOPICS. THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST.
Each month we will poll the Community as to what they want to discuss for the following month. What shall we discuss next? Here are some suggestions. If you don’t see a topic that thrills you, send a suggestion to SinCLAcommunity@gmail.com and she’ll get it onto this list for upcoming polls.
- Conferences. What are the conferences that most people attend? When do they happen? Where are they? I can only afford one – which do you recommend and why?
- Writing workshop. How can I find a good one? Should I just create my own and invite people to join me? Does anyone have any advice on how to make it successful? Do people circulate their pages ahead of time, or just read & discuss at the meeting? Is there any difference between a writing salon and a writing workshop? Where do workshops meet? How often?
- Thrillers. Who are your favorite thriller authors? Why? Which of her/his books is your favorite? Why? What are reader expectations for thrillers?
- Cozies. Who are your favorite cozy authors? Why? Which of her/his books is your favorite? Why?
- Police procedurals. Who are your favorite police procedural authors? Why? Which of her/his books is your favorite? Why?
- True crime. Who are your favorite true crime authors? Why? Which of her/his books are your favorite? Why?
- Historical fiction. Who are your favorite historical mystery authors? Why? Which of her/his books are your favorite? Why?
- Writing prompts. Do you use them? Do you create your own? Do you keep a list of prompt ideas? If not, where do you get your writing prompts from? Have you been surprised by the ideas your prompt writing produced? How?
- My favorite books on craft. What are you favorite books on craft? Why?
- Social media. Which social media platforms do you use? What are the benefits? What are the pitfalls. How can I avoid the pitfalls?
- Technologies. What software do you use for writing? Why? What are its strengths? What are its weaknesses?
- TV & Movies. What movie or TV series have you seen that demonstrates the critical elements of craft? Why? How?
- Edgy. Creepy. Sex. Violence. How much is too much? How much is not enough? Depends on genre – or doesn’t it?
- I want this! Excursions! Speakers! – What kinds of excursions and/or speakers do you want from Sisters in Crime / LA?